Salam Advisor allows users to contribute different kinds of content including reviews and photos. We do our best to foster a community of members who post helpful, relevant, and reliable content. Please read the guidelines below to help us maintain Salam Advisor as a nice and helpful site:
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there is no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you should not write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group. Business owners should not ask customers to write reviews.
- Promotional content: Unless you are using your member account to add content to your business page, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let's keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the Salam Advisor community. For example, reviews are not the place for rants about a business's employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that do not address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Do not publicize other people’s private information. Please do not post close-up photos of other people without their permission, and please do not post other people’s full names unless you are referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Intellectual property: Please, do not swipe content from other sites or users. You are smart enough to write your own reviews and take your own photos!
The best reviews are true, passionate and personal. They offer a rich narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other consumers.
Reviews must be:
- Family-friendly - Be polite, courteous and friendly. No profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, sexually explicit language, or other content that is not appropriate for our community. See our Terms of service for more information.
- Authentic guest reviews of first hand experiences - We accept reviews that detail first-hand experiences with the facilities or services of a halal establishment. Try to tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations and conclusory allegations.
- Relevant to other members and accurate - No content that is not relevant to our community. Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but do not exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We do not take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
- Unique and Independent - You may write one review per business.
- Original - No substantial quoted material from other sources, including (but not limited to) websites, e-mail correspondence, other reviews, etc.
- Non-commercial - Commercial e-mail addresses and contact information are allowed in reviews if relevant to the customer experience, however, we reserve the right to reject any phone number, email address, password or URL for any reason. Promotional material of any kind is not allowed in reviews.
- Age requirement – To create a Salam Advisor account and post reviews or photos you must be over 18 years old.
- Valid email address and standard email formatting:
- The email address associated with your account must be correct; we may need to contact you if there is a problem with your review.
- No HTML tags and no excessive ALL CAPS, slang, formatting issues, repeated text, or typographic symbols.
- Please adhere to the minimum character count and do not add unnecessary characters in order to reach this requirement for reviews.
All posted photos must meet these requirements:
- Family-friendly - No photos, material, or images that are vulgar, pornographic, obscene, profane, illegal, offensive, insulting, objectionable or those containing other content that is not appropriate for our community. No photos may be posted by children under the age of 18.
- Original - No images from other sources. No images that infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other legal property right.
- Relevant to other members - photos should be broadly relevant to the halal place or service and reflect the typical consumer experience (e.g., what the business looks like, what the business offers, etc.). If you post a photo that showcases a more unique personal experience with a business (e.g., your smiling group of friends at the halal restaurant, the fly in your soup), we may remove it from the photo gallery for the business, but it still may appear alongside your review if you write one about the business.
- Non-commercial - No photos that include logos, titles, branding, promotional material, or any other content intended for commercial purposes.
- Safe files - No photos that are contaminated or infected with a virus or any other corruption that is either intended or may result in damage to the computers and systems of Salam Advisor and/or those using it.
- File properties:
- No single photo file may exceed 5MB in size. All photos submitted to the site must be in .gif, .jpg, .bmp, or .png format.
- All photos will be scaled to fit the standard display boxes on our site.
- No blurry, dark, or otherwise difficult to view photos.
Business Owner Guidelines
- Take full advantage of Salam Advisor! Update your business description, add photos, and highlight amenities and services to attract member's attention.
- Do not use the description field to attack your competitors, reviewers, or Salam Advisor.
- Don't ask customers for reviews: Don't ask your customers to review your business on Salam Advisor. We actually discourage halal places owners from asking their customers to write reviews. For more information click here. Your best bet to get high quality and unbiased reviews about your business is to provide a memorable and amazing customer experience -- it has nothing to do with asking your customers to post on Salam Advisor.
Salam Advisor claims no ownership, affiliation with, or endorsement of any photos that are posted on our site. The truthfulness of all photos is assumed by the member or the business owner who posted them, and their validity is not the responsibility of Salam Advisor. Please note that by posting reviews or uploading photos, you are granting Salam Advisor the non-exclusive rights to use, copy, re-purpose and display those reviews and photos at our discretion. Any review or photo that does not meet one or more of the above guidelines will not be posted, or will be removed. Salam Advisor reserves the right to remove a review or management response at any time for any reason. The reviews posted on Salam Advisor are individual and highly subjective opinions. The opinions expressed in reviews are those of Salam Advisor members and not of Salam Advisor. We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers or in management responses. We are not affiliated with any establishment listed or reviewed on this web site.