CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
TABLE OF CONTENTS :
- OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY PROTECTION
- PRINCIPLES FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- APPLICATION SCOPE
- WHICH PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED ?
- WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ?
- WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES ?
- CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA STORAGE
- ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
- UPDATE OF THE CHARTER
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
1.OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY PROTECTION
Your complete satisfaction and confidence in SALAM ADVISOR are essential to us.
That is why, as part of our commitment to meet your expectations, we have implemented a privacy protection policy. This Charter sets out our commitments to you and describes how SALAM ADVISOR uses your personal data.
« 7 principles » constitute the main rules applicable to the association.
By « personal data », we refer to any information collected and recorded in a format that enables to personally identify you, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. phone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with any of your personal information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy
This Personal Data Protection Charter is part of the general terms and conditions which govern our services. By agreeing with our general terms and conditions, you expressly agree with the provisions of this Charter.
3.PRINCIPLES FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
The 7 principles described below are applicable to the association.
: when collecting and processing your personal data, we will provide you information and will let you know what is the purpose and who are the data recipients.
: we will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this present Charter.
c. Relevance and accuracy
: we will only collect the personal data required for data processing. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure you that the personal data we hold are accurate and up-to- date.
: we will hold your personal data for the periodnecessary to fulfil the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the legal requirements.
e. Access, rectification, opposition
: you may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly in order not to receive any commercial prospection. The details of the department to contact in this respect are indicated below in article « Access and Modification »
f. Confidentiality and security
: we will implement the reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from alteration, accidental loss, illegal use, unauthorized use, disclosure or unauthorized access.
g. Sharing of personal information and international transfers
: we may share your personal data within the association or with third parties (such as trading partners and /or service providers) for the purposes set out in this present Charter. We will take the appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data
If you have any question regarding the 7 principles of SALAM ADVISOR Data Protection, please contact the department in charge of data privacy whose contact details are provided in article « Access and Modification ».
This Charter applies to our website www.salamadvisor.com and to our mobile application.
5.WHICH PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED ?
At various times, we need to ask you, as a client, member, adherent or mere user, some information including :
- oYour contact details (e.g. name, first name, phone number, email, …);
- oSome personal information (e.g. date of birth, nationality, …);
- oYour credit card number (for transaction and booking purposes);
- oYour questions/comments, during or after a booking in one of the venues referenced on www.salamadvisor.com.
The collection of information on persons aged under 18 is limited to their names, nationality and birthdate, which can only be provided to us by an adult. Please make sure that your children do not provide us any personal data without your authorization (particularly over the Internet).
In the event that your children aged under 18 provide us personal information without your consent, you can contact the department in charge of data privacy (article « Access and Modification ») to arrange for this information to be deleted.
We deliberately do not collect any sensitive data, such as data related to race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health details or sexual orientation.
6.WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ?
Personal data may be collected on different occasions, in particular :
a.Participation to marketing programs or events :
- oContribution to customer surveys ;
- oOnline contest or games ;
- oSubscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions by email or via notifications on the mobile application.
b.Transmission of information from third parties :
- oRestaurants, Tour operators, Travel agencies, others, … ;
c.Internet activities :
- oConnection to the website www.salamadvisor.com (IP address, cookies) ;
- oOnline forms (online booking, questionnaires, social network pages, login systems such as Facebook Login or Google Sign-In …).
7.WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES ?
We collect your personal data in order to :
a.Meet our obligations towards our clients, partners, and members.
b.Improve our service, in particular :
- oProcessing your personal data in our marketing program, in order to carry out marketing, promotion or brand awareness operations, and to get a better understanding of your needs and wishes ;
- oAdapting our products and services to better meet your needs ;
- oCustomizing commercial offers and messages intended for you ;
- oInforming you of special offers and any new service created by SALAM ADVISOR;
c.Manage our relationship with our customers before, during and after their stay in one of the venues listed by SALAM ADVISOR :
- oQualification of the customer database ;
- oSegmentation actions based on booking history and browsing habits in order to send targeted communication messages ;
- oPredicting and anticipating future consumer behaviours ;
- oDeveloping statistics, and commercial scores and carrying out reporting ;
- oProviding context data to the offer push tool when a customer visits our website or makes a booking ;
- oSending you newsletters, promotions and services offers,or offers from our partners, or contacting you by phone ;
- oManaging and processing unsubscription requests to newsletters, promotions, services offers and satisfaction surveys ;
- oTake into account the right of objection ;
d.Use processes of cross-referencing, analysis and combination by a trusted third-party, of your data collected when booking on our website or visiting our website, in order to identify your interests, your client profile and enable us to send you personalized offers.
e.Improve our services and particularly :
- oCarrying out studies and analysis of questionnaires and customers reviews ;
- oManaging complaints ;
f.Secure and improve your use of the SALAM ADVISOR website and mobile application particularly :
- oImproving navigation ;
- oEnforcing measures of security and fraud prevention ;
g.Abide by local laws (e.g. retention of accounting records).
8.CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
We do our best to offer you the same services worldwide. On this basis, to guarantee you a right of access and of modification (article « Access and Modification »), we share your personal data with internal and external recipients under the following conditions :
a.Within SALAM ADVISOR : in order to provide you the best service, we may share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel from SALAM ADVISOR, including :
- oInformation Technology departments ;
- oCommercial partners and marketing services ;
- oLegal services if applicablet ;
- oOverall, any suitable person within SALAM ADVISOR for certain specific categories of personal data.
b.With service providers and commercial partners : your personal data may be passed on to third parties in order to provide you our services and to improve your experience with our services, in particular :
- oExternal service providers : IT outsourcing providers, international call centres, banks, credit card issuers, outside lawyers, dispatchers, printers etcetera…
- oCommercial partners : SALAM ADVISOR will have the possibility, unless you object, to enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with our preferred commercialpartners. In this case, some cross-referencing, analysis and combinations of your data by a trusted third-party may be carried out. Such data processing will allow SALAM ADVISOR and its preferred contractual partners to determine your interests, your customer profile and to send you personalized offers.
- oSocial network websites : In order to facilitate your identification on www.salamadvisor.com or on the SALAM ADVISOR mobile application without having to complete a registration form, SALAM ADVISOR has put the Facebook Login and Google Sign-In system in place. If you log in using the Facebook Login or Google Sign-In system, you explicitly authorize SALAM ADVISOR to access and store the public data of your Facebook or Google account, as well as the other data mentioned when using the Facebook Login or Google Sign-In system. SALAM ADVISOR may also communicate your email address to Facebook or Google in order to determine if you are an existing Facebook or Google user, and in this case display personalized advertisements on your Facebook or Google account.
c.Local authorities : we may also communicate your information to local authorities, if legally required or in the course of an investigation, in accordance with local regulations.
SALAM ADVISOR takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with the applicable legal requirements, to protect your personal data against unlawful or accidental destruction, loss or accidental alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access. For this purpose, we have introduced technical measures (such as firewalls) and organisational measures (such as a login / password protection scheme, physical protection measures, etcetera).
When you provide us with credit card information at the time of your booking, the use of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology secures your transactions.
When consulting SALAM ADVISOR website or mobile application, some information related to the browsing of your device (computer, smartphone, tablet...) may be stored in small text files, commonly referred to as "Cookies", installed on your device.
- oAdjust our website to the display preferences set in your device (language, display resolution, operating system used…) ;
- oRecall certain information previously indicated on our website in order to facilitate and customize your future browsing sessions ;
- oAllow you quicker access to your personal account by recalling credentials or data that you have previously provided to us ;
- oGenerate statistics, in particular about the volumes of traffic and of use of the different services offered on our website (sections and content visited, course into the website), so that we can improve the relevance and ergonomy of our services ;
- oImplement security measures (for instance asking you to log in again after a certain lapse of time) ;
- oDisplay relevant content of possible interest to you in advertising spaces (best offers, other destinations…).
Warning : Our website can contain some advertisements or links to third-party websites, which might collect your personal data when you click on the links. This present Charter does not apply to the visit of third-party websites. Therefore, SALAM ADVISOR cannot be held liable for the policy protecting personal data in effect on the third-party websites, and for the use of personal data that may be made by the third-party websites.
We recommend that you read the policies of these third-party websites to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information they may collect, especially with regard to advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these third-party websites, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
b.What are the different types of Cookies ?
There are several categories of Cookies :
- oStrictly required Cookies : these Cookies are essential to facilitate the browsing on our website and take full advantage of the website features (operating system support, display…). Without these Cookies, some services such as display cannot be provided in the most effective way. It should be noted that as mainly technical, these Cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- oAudience-tracking Cookies : the purpose of these Cookies is to help us understand how the web users interact with our website (most visited pages, applications used…) so that we can improve user comfort. These Cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- oFunctionality Cookies : these Cookies make it easier for users to browse by saving certain of their selections (language, username, country…).
- oTargeted advertising Cookies : the purposes of these Cookies are to display advertising content adapted to user interests, but also to limit the quantity of advertisements popping up on the website.
- oAffiliation Cookies : these Cookies enable to pay a commission to third parties (« affiliate ») who display online marketing campaigns on their websites for an « affiliator » (the advertiser).
- oSocial networking Cookies : these Cookies, from third parties, enable you to let other people know the content of our website as well as your opinion on it. This applies with the « Share » and « Like » buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,, etcetera. The social network which provides this type of buttons is likely to identify you via this button, even though you have not clicked on it when visiting our site. This is because some Cookies enable that social network to track your navigation on our website, provided that your account to this social network is activated on your device while browsing our website. We have absolutely no control over the process used by social networks to collect information related to your navigation on our website. We invite you to read the personal data protection policies of those social networks. Those policies should enable you to make some privacy choices, in particular by changing the appropriate settings in each of your social network accounts.
c.How to handle your Cookies (permit, restrict, prohibit)?
The setup of your web browser (Internet ExplorerTM, FirefoxTM, SafariTM, Google ChromeTM, OperaTM, etc.) is a free and effective way to define upstream how to handle Cookies. This way you can decide to :
- oPermit the registration of all the Cookies from the pages and contents that you visit. Please note that those Cookies will be readable only by their issuers. Besides, this process is not final, so you will be able to suppress those Cookies a posteriori at any time (the steps to follow depend on your internet browser, so we invite you to refer to the respective instructions) ;
- oBe prompted with a question as to whether or not you want to install a new Cookie on your device ;
- oPermit or prohibit Cookies depending on the website.
The settings regarding Cookies handling depends on your web browser. You will find the relevant explanations in the respective instructions :
"Adobe Flash Player"TM "Flash"© cookies
"Adobe Flash Player"TM is a software application which allows the rapid development of dynamic content using "Flash" language. Flash (and the similar applications) memorises parameters, preferences and use of this content thanks to a technology similar to Cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"TM manages this information and your choices via an interface different from the one provided by your web browser.
If your device enables viewing Flash content, we recommend you to access your Flash cookies management tools directly on the website http://www.adobe.com/fr/.
We only store your personal data during the period of time required for the purposes set out in this present Charter or in accordance with the provisions of the applicable
12.ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by SALAM ADVISOR and to modify it, subject to the applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right of objection by writing to the address below.
If you encounter difficulties in the exercise of your rights, please contact directly the department in charge of data privacy for SALAM ADVISOR by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to the following address :
Département Protection des Données Personnelles
19 avenue d’Italie
To ensure confidentiality and protection of your personal data, we will have to identify you before responding to your request. On this purpose, you will have to include with your request, the photocopy of an official proof of identity such as national identity card, passport or driving license.
If your personal data are not accurate, complete or updated, please contact the department in charge of the protection of personal data mentioned above with the necessary modifications.
All the requests will be dealt with in a timely fashion and in compliance with applicable law.
13.UPDATE OF THE CHARTER
We may modify this present Charter from time to time. Therefore, we invite you to check it regularly for updates.
14.QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
For all questions related to SALAM ADVISOR personal data policy, please contact the service in charge of privacy protection (article « Access and Modification »).